Objectives of the training:
- to develop imagination and creative thinking.
- to be able to recreate aspecific selected scenes, moments or images according to the idea and plot of the literary text.
- to emphasise on drawing and construction of the human figure.
- to master specific activities and skills. Understanding the specifics of the illustration, consistent with the requirements of the modern reader.
- to develop artistic habits – the deliberate and unintentional attention, dimension, pattern recognition, visual memory, spatial thinking and self-discipline.
- to build atmosphere, style and emotional characteristics ofthe fairy-tale characters.
- techniques and technologies used from centuries in the area of illustration are taught as well.
- the ultimate goal of the training is to givechildren the skills and knowledge acquired through the harmonious fusion of classic and contemporary visual arts.
Training is two year course.
PROGRAM FOR ILLUSTRATION FOR TEENS 10-14 2016/2017
1. Sources of inspiration.
2.Tools and materials.
3.Choice of objects and tools.
2. Copy the image.
5. Ratio of chiaroscuro in different parts of the picture.
6. Sense of colour.
7. Color pallets.
8. Basic watercolor techniques.
1. Basic principles for the construction of the shape.
2. Postures of fairy-tale characters.
3. Construction of the head.
4. Facial expressions.
5. Construction of the arms and legs.
6. The fairy-tale characters’wings.
1. Gowns and mantles.
2. Tunics, jackets, trousers.
3. The fairy-tale characters’accessories.
4. Hair and hair accessories.
5. The fairy-tale characters’ jewels. Lecturer’s feedback
Fairy tale world artists:
William Blake, Henry Fuseli, Richard Dadd, Arthur Rackham, Smyrna Mary Barker, Edmund Dulak, Margaret Tarrant, Alan Lee.
William Shakespeare, Hans Christian Andersen, J. M. Barrie, J. R. R. Tolkien, K. S. Lewis, Susanna Clark, Eoin Colfer.
All art projects comply with the interests of the children and are directly related to their lives and experiences.
Call in advance to GSM: 0882/10 40 48 (to check for training spots availability).
Sessions during the academic school year 12th Sept 2016 – 31st May 2017
|Day||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Monday||09.30 – 11.30||18.30 – 20.30|
|Tuesday||09.30 – 11.30||18.30 – 20.30|
|Thursday||09.30 – 11.30||18.30 – 20.30|
|Friday||09.30 – 11.30||18.30 – 20.30|
|Saturday||–||12.00 – 14.00|
|Sunday||–||12.00 – 14.00|
12.09.16 – 31.01.17
01.02.17 – 31.05.17
|2 a week||2 hours (120 min)||740 BGN||580 BGN|
* Prices for a single visit – 25 BGN/2 hours.
Payment by installments is a possibility.
Start: 12 September 2016
End: 31 May 2017